Dare You to Love Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Cartoon] Adventure Time...with Yuri subtext???

5 posters

Go down

[Cartoon] Adventure Time...with Yuri subtext??? Empty [Cartoon] Adventure Time...with Yuri subtext???

Post by Blair Phoenix Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:15 pm

Adventure time has apparently become a thing recently. The type of thing I generally avoid. Well, I was bored yesterday at work, flipping channels, came across it, figured I'd watch it for the hell of it...and the episode I just so happen to watch is the one with yuri subtext! XD Apparently this is also a thing, but I'm always late jumping on the bandwagon. Anyone else heard of/on this bandwagon? Or are you as completely blindsided as me to hear about this?

For those interested, here is the pretty overt subtext scene I ended up watching that instantly got my attention:

And:

http://natazilla.tumblr.com/post/9021482621/p
http://natazilla.tumblr.com/post/5680916215
http://natazilla.tumblr.com/post/5770047377
http://natazilla.tumblr.com/post/9058998139
http://natazilla.tumblr.com/post/10822943433/ddong-mori

^ Official Fanart/Unofficial Official Art...essentially unofficial fanart done by one of the character designers of the actual show.
Blair Phoenix
Blair Phoenix

Back to top Go down

[Cartoon] Adventure Time...with Yuri subtext??? Empty Re: [Cartoon] Adventure Time...with Yuri subtext???

Post by Demon Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:52 am

FUCK YEAH ADVENTURE TIME!! MATHEMATICAL!!

I was debating making this board, wondering if anyone else watched it. I've watched all the episodes and am currently watching season four as it airs. Needless to say I'm addicted. =D

You say with yuri subtext, but even if there isn't THIS PAIRING IS EVERYWHERE. Search "Bubbline" or "Sugarless Gum" on deviantArt and you'll find so much fanart, isn't ridiculous! And I love it. >3
Demon
Demon
The Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

[Cartoon] Adventure Time...with Yuri subtext??? Empty Re: [Cartoon] Adventure Time...with Yuri subtext???

Post by Blair Phoenix Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:32 am

Demon wrote:FUCK YEAH ADVENTURE TIME!! MATHEMATICAL!!

I was debating making this board, wondering if anyone else watched it. I've watched all the episodes and am currently watching season four as it airs. Needless to say I'm addicted. =D

You say with yuri subtext, but even if there isn't THIS PAIRING IS EVERYWHERE. Search "Bubbline" or "Sugarless Gum" on deviantArt and you'll find so much fanart, isn't ridiculous! And I love it. >3
I obviously don't visit the same places you do to know it's everywhere...in fact, I avoided Adventure Time as much as possible for a long time Razz I have looked since then though Razz
Blair Phoenix
Blair Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:13 am

Blair Phoenix wrote:
Demon wrote:FUCK YEAH ADVENTURE TIME!! MATHEMATICAL!!

I obviously don't visit the same places you do to know it's everywhere...in fact, I avoided Adventure Time as much as possible for a long time Razz I have looked since then though Razz

Tumblr, deviantArt, fanfiction.net. There use to be an active forum for it, but that closed down. (I wasn't a part of it, but I browsed it for a little while before it shut down.)

Funnily enough, the reason Bubbline is so popular is because the writers shot down Princess Bubblegum and Marceline as Finn's love interest and put him with a new character, Flame/Fire Princess. When people saw their ships going down, they hopped on board the Bubbline ship and went, "Hey, these two had a bunch load of subtext in that one episode! -ships-"
Demon
Demon
The Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Tue May 29, 2012 4:33 am

[Cartoon] Adventure Time...with Yuri subtext??? I-Ship-Marcibel_small

Hehe. <3

I've been on such a Sugarless Gum trip! They should put these two in an episode together again! Maybe explain their back ground. I need cannon-fodder!!

I need to fangirl with someone. ;_;
Demon
Demon
The Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Tortuga Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:59 pm

OH. MY. GLOB!
I love Adventure Time!
I don't know how or when but I got converted to this pairing and I was like 'what the flip?' because I watched this show for it's humor and craziness. It's hilarious and has my kind of humor and I did not foresee myself 'shipping' anyone. I was like this is a crazy and random show to entertain myself with and I won't come out of watching it with an OTP in mind. I was wrong.
Chibi Tortuga
Chibi Tortuga

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:38 am

Chibi Tortuga wrote:OH. MY. GLOB!
I love Adventure Time!
I don't know how or when but I got converted to this pairing and I was like 'what the flip?' because I watched this show for it's humor and craziness. It's hilarious and has my kind of humor and I did not foresee myself 'shipping' anyone. I was like this is a crazy and random show to entertain myself with and I won't come out of watching it with an OTP in mind. I was wrong.

Finally I found someone to fangirl over this show and pairing with! I'm currently deep in this fandom and haven't had an outlet to squee with! Will you be my Adventure Time buddy? T_T/

Have you watched all the episodes? A new one came out yesterday. I'm about to go watch it.
Demon
Demon
The Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:34 pm

Latest episode brutally attacked my shipping feels. =( I mean, why? Why, CN? Finn obviously has deep feelings for FP and reverse, they're dating for crying out loud, so why throw Bubblegum back into it and make it a triangle? I hate all love-triangles, not just this one. Didn't we already establish that she thinks that she's too old for him and she has responsibilities, etc.? So why...?

I thought Cartoon Network would be able to make history by having a lesbian pairing in a kid's cartoon. I mean, it didn't have to be out-right said, and I know this is a kid's cartoon, but maybe Marcy and Bubbline could get an episode together and/or maybe they could have a not-explained-but-implied pairing. Even that would have been a step in the right direction. -sigh- I had high hopes for you, Cartoon Network.
Demon
Demon
The Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Tortuga Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:23 pm

Honestly, I didn't get that vibe from this latest episode.
Spoiler:
Chibi Tortuga
Chibi Tortuga

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:59 am

Yeah, it's a whole misunderstanding for most of the episode, but I'm talking about the very last few seconds where:

Spoiler:
Demon
Demon
The Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Tortuga Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:08 pm

Oh! Yeah, that part I kind of took it as she's jealous of Finn being in a relationship not that she is jealous of FP dating Finn. If that makes any sense.
Spoiler:
Chibi Tortuga
Chibi Tortuga

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:34 am

o-o I never thought of it that way. Faith in Bubbline and AT has been restored! \^^/ Thanks, Torchi! X3
Demon
Demon
The Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Tortuga Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:24 pm

Yay~! :D
You're welcome! ^__^

Chibi Tortuga
Chibi Tortuga

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:02 pm

i just watched adventure time for the first time.Don't watch it high.
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:04 pm

Lol, the show itself could be considered an acid trip at times. I really like it though. =)

---

[Cartoon] Adventure Time...with Yuri subtext??? Tumblr_m802nh3T0t1qzp7a0o1_1280

Probably fake, but it would be awesome if it was true. Looks like someone just took the image of Finn and FP kissing and turned it into Marceline and PB............... but there's a slim chance it could be true, so I'll say my prayers to the goddess of yuri that it's a leaked story-board image. XD <3
Demon
Demon
The Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Tortuga Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:59 pm

The creators are on crack and that's why the show is the way it is.
At least that is the conclusion I came up with when I was watching the behind the scenes thing on the DVD.

And that would be awesome if that was a leaked story-board image~!
Chibi Tortuga
Chibi Tortuga

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:35 am

I just realized something:
When people draw fanart of these two, usually Marcy's eyes are red and Bubblegum's are pink/purple. In the show, everyone eyes are black because the cartoon styling doesn't call for different eyes colors.

I'm not complaining or anything, but I just find it interesting that it's almost everyone "head-canon" that Marcy's eyes are red and Bubble's are pink/purple.
Demon
Demon
The Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Tortuga Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:05 am

I've never realized that before, that's kind of funny.
I subconsciously saw the black beady eyes... xD
Chibi Tortuga
Chibi Tortuga

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:09 am

On the latest episode... must CN keep dragging the Finn/PB? -_- Let Finn be with FP already.

One of Finn's subconscious fears is PB going, "You wouldn't understand; you're too young."
Why CN? ;_;
Demon
Demon
The Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by RGigantea Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:42 am

Oooh... I have that show on my to-watch list. Reckon I'll get to it now since everyone's giving it a thumbs up!
RGigantea
RGigantea

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:11 am

Yes, Gig. Join us~ \@_@/

One of us... one of us...
Demon
Demon
The Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum