Dare You to Love Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you could make a Yuri anime, what would it be about?

+7
DezoPenguin
dragontiger96
RGigantea
EsotericWhim
Alaeri
Rosie
Demon
11 posters

Go down

If you could make a Yuri anime, what would it be about? Empty If you could make a Yuri anime, what would it be about?

Post by Demon Tue May 29, 2012 7:17 am

The title is pretty self-explanatory. =P

--

Me? Pirates. ... Did you expect anything else from me? ;P Sure, I might be a bit obsessed, but there hasn't been a yuri pirate anime while it's a popular niche in the lesbian novel department.

I know there's a space pirate anime that could be counted as a goggles yuri because it's a whole-female crew (I haven't looked into it yet), but that isn't Golden Age pirates- the best kind! I saw a yuri manga with pirates but... eh... I didn't like it. =/ It was a humorous romance with a pirates settings- not what I'm looking for.

Or steampunk. <3

Anyone else have any ideas on yuri themes they'd like to see? Or subjects they'd like yuri anime to touch upon? You can post more than one thing if you have multiple ideas.
Demon
Demon
The Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

If you could make a Yuri anime, what would it be about? Empty Re: If you could make a Yuri anime, what would it be about?

Post by Rosie Tue May 29, 2012 1:08 pm

Hmm..I like this topic :3

I'd want mine to be centered around characters that can transform into animals! for instance-Natsuki would obviously be a wolf. Haruka would be a lion, shizuru would be a fox etc. Garderobe (or the equivalent of)would be a special school for shifters such as they.

I know my idea is very cliché and not original however, SOMEONE SHOULD DO THIS.
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

If you could make a Yuri anime, what would it be about? Empty Re: If you could make a Yuri anime, what would it be about?

Post by Demon Wed May 30, 2012 11:25 am

Moonstone wrote:Hmm..I like this topic :3

I'd want mine to be
centered around characters that can transform into animals! for
instance-Natsuki would obviously be a wolf. Haruka would be a lion,
shizuru would be a fox etc. Garderobe (or the equivalent of)would be a
special school for shifters such as they.

I know my idea is very cliché and not original however, SOMEONE SHOULD DO THIS.

So you want Sunrise to make a fourth Mai-verse with animal characters? (If you count Mai Hime: Destiny as the third.)
Demon
Demon
The Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Wed May 30, 2012 1:50 pm

Basically, yes. Very Happy

I think it'd be awesome. Pirates are cool as well...but maybe I think that because of SoS by ShayP.
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Thu May 31, 2012 2:03 am

Moonstone wrote:Basically, yes. Very Happy

I think it'd be awesome. Pirates are cool as well...but maybe I think that because of SoS by ShayP.

I think there might be a few fic like that around fanfiction.net if you look. There's one being written now and updated recently, but both Natsuki and Shizuru are wolves.

-

Ha! There were at least three or four Shiznat pirate(-ish in one case) fics before Shape wrote her own. Pirates have been a large niche for lesbian novels for a long time. <3 Shape's is good, but don't give her all the credit. ^^

--

I wouldn't mind it if they made an anime out of the "Renai Idenshi XX" manga. I think it'd be interesting.
Demon
Demon
The Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaeri Thu May 31, 2012 5:05 am

I'd make an anime focused on Shizuma in college, obviously after realizing Nagisa is an idiot and breaking up with her shortly after the ending of SP. The show would focus on Shizuma's life, and helping Miyuki get out of her arranged marriage since Shizuma finally realizes her deep-seeded feelings for her.

It'd basically focus on Shizuma's awesomeness.

Very Happy Very Happy
Alaeri
Alaeri
High Priestess of Shizumaism

Back to top Go down

Post by EsotericWhim Thu May 31, 2012 9:49 am

Alaeri wrote:I'd make an anime focused on Shizuma in college, obviously after realizing Nagisa is an idiot and breaking up with her shortly after the ending of SP. The show would focus on Shizuma's life, and helping Miyuki get out of her arranged marriage since Shizuma finally realizes her deep-seeded feelings for her.

Very Happy Very Happy

OTL If you could make a Yuri anime, what would it be about? 2676598196

Should have expected this.

I'd like to see a yuri anime focusing on assassins, political intrigue and the machinations of a medieval kingdom. I like me my assassins, and I love a bit of fantasy.

Or it may just be because I'm currently watching Game of Thrones.

>_>
EsotericWhim
EsotericWhim

Back to top Go down

Post by RGigantea Thu May 31, 2012 9:56 am

Your post made me lol. I confess I've skipped through a lot in SP but yeah.. Nagisa is an odd one..

I would make a yuri anime of the skyrim storyline.. Dragons, the Companions, winterhold, etc etc with a cast of 70% ladies. The main character meets her future lover after joining one of the factions or groups and they have a whole lot of merry adventures. Zero campiness. Dry humour.

Or a simple story set in a school for magic.

Lots of story settings etc have been done in the yuri-magic-school genre though.
RGigantea
RGigantea

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Thu May 31, 2012 11:19 am

Alaeri wrote:I'd make an anime focused on Shizuma in college, obviously after realizing Nagisa is an idiot and breaking up with her shortly after the ending of SP. The show would focus on Shizuma's life, and helping Miyuki get out of her arranged marriage since Shizuma finally realizes her deep-seeded feelings for her.

Very Happy Very Happy

Yeah...scratch my idea.
I like this one a lot better -___-
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by dragontiger96 Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:00 pm

A Black Lagoon type story where yuri is a side element for one of the characters (Jormungand does this pretty well though).

Ecchi anime about fast food workers. Through in a couple episodes of drama just to keep viewer interest.

In the Fantasy catagory, a Fushigi Yuugi type storyline (normal girl becomes destined hero, priestess etc..) where the main love interest turns out to be a girl.

dragontiger96
dragontiger96

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:21 am

dragontiger96 wrote:Ecchi anime about fast food workers. Through in a couple episodes of drama just to keep viewer interest.

Dunno about ecchi, but if you're looking for a "lesbian" angle for side characters in a food environment, Working! is pretty decent.
Demon
Demon
The Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by DezoPenguin Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:17 pm

A Victorian-era mystery/horror series where the heroine (and lead character)'s first case leads her to meet the love interest: the ghost of the murdered girl.

(An anime adaptation of my Kannazuki no Shimai fanfic would, of course, be on my "if I tripped over a wish-granting genie" list. Wink Seriously, though, adaptations of any of my favorite long fanfics by other people would be excellent, too: StarvingLunatic's My-Otome series immediately springs to mind, or Joel Fagin's Haunted Wind series of Phantasy Star II fics, or Moczo's Infinity, or Dracis Tran's Tempus Materia or Beyond the Edge or deathcurse's Seirei's Gate or Crime Never Sleeps.)
DezoPenguin
DezoPenguin

Back to top Go down

Post by RevalisPyross Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:17 pm

I've always wanted to watch a yuri anime where there was a clear, solid relationship between two strong-charactered women while their romance isn't the sole focus of the show. There'd be an important plot with practically zero holes which requires some ass-kicking that at least one of the couple deals out, while the other is doing something equally important without just standing there like an idiot if they're not fighting, like piloting or techy-stuff or something. Preferably they would be together since pre-show so no angst for eighteen episodes about loving another woman, instead having arguments over a risky move one pulled off or for having motives the other doesn't agree with but understands the reason for. Throw in some witty humour and a couple of romantic moments and I'd be hooked.

I second the Black Lagoon with a lesbian storyline.

I'd love to see slayergirl13's Dusk be made into an anime. It's pretty epic (even if it did drive me a bit crazy in the middle -glares at Joker-) and I could see it being translated into such a format quite easily.
RevalisPyross
RevalisPyross

Location : Oh! England~, my lion heart~!.... I hate that song.

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:58 am

Honestly? I wanna see one that deals with China. Basically, how being a lesbian is near impossible due to certain things. And not just China... Warring States Era of China! Where a warrior female of one of the three states falls for a female warrior in another and both of them have to overcome their family's desire for a hetero marriage, children, and the fact that they'd have to turn against their own states. It would prob have a sad ending, but I would wanna make it heart-wrenching.

There's almost nothing about Chinese lesbians in history and I know they exist, but the strong family-centered things would make them feel guilty for coming out I am sure.
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Resident HaruKino Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:00 pm

MidnightPersona wrote:Honestly? I wanna see one that deals with China. Basically, how being a lesbian is near impossible due to certain things. And not just China... Warring States Era of China! Where a warrior female of one of the three states falls for a female warrior in another and both of them have to overcome their family's desire for a hetero marriage, children, and the fact that they'd have to turn against their own states. It would prob have a sad ending, but I would wanna make it heart-wrenching.

There's almost nothing about Chinese lesbians in history and I know they exist, but the strong family-centered things would make them feel guilty for coming out I am sure.

Have you seen the movie Saving Face? It's about a Chinese lesbian~ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384504/

This doesn't fit in with what you're saying exactly but an anime like this movie would be cool :3
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by Oaden Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:17 pm

It would be fun to see a good shounen anime, but the standard main save the world lead guy replaced with a cool girl. Think Full metal panic, but with Chidori in the lead and Tessa.

Bonus points if they actually enter a relationship somewhere halfway instead of the last 2 episodes.

Alternatively, the adventures of Eila and Sanya while searching for Sanya's father.
Oaden
Oaden

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Emiya Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:18 pm

I'd think it would be called, Fate/Resurection...

Something along the lines of that. Of course I'd make a cameo now and then, I'd be the secondary main character. Garcher needs to be in everything, and I mean everything Fate related. Thats like Kicking Shizuma out of Strawberry Panic, (Even though I'd love to.)

I'd be set within the Fate/Universe with all new characters and such, nearly all of which are female and are strong and independent. Yes, there will be a few that aren't able to fight, but there won't be any of those annoying girls that everyone loves to hate on.

Each character would be developed and have an established role in the series and would show up during their respective times. I'd think that the servants that we've all come to know and love, won't be there. But excluding me, I'm Archer. Maybe one or two of the original servants would be there, such as Saber or that annoying Golden ass Gilgamesh.

Hm, maybe this is just a rambling idea of mine. I worked on it with Illya the other night, she seemed pretty into it, though she wrote most of the storyline...sadly someone split their alcohol on it *AHEM* and it was ruined...
Archer Emiya
Archer Emiya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum