Hunger Games

Go down

Hunger Games

Post by RGigantea on Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:52 am

Anyone else read the books? I really liked the first one for its imagination and pace, but I haven't touched the second or the third yet.

I do wish there were stronger female characters other than the main character (yeah okayyy sometimes I wish my yuri-goggles would do miracles. alas, there is not a hint of girl-girl relationships beyond that of simple friendship).

However, the book's World is a good growing ground (whoo, triples!) for AU-fics. Very Happy the world's described so clearly and it becomes oh so real. Could I place characters from other fandoms (e.g. shiznatttt... wait, maybe even yumi from marimite, and... and...!) into the whole Hunger Games scenario? hell yeah.
RGigantea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hunger Games

Post by Blair Phoenix on Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:27 am

RGigantea wrote:Anyone else read the books? I really liked the first one for its imagination and pace, but I haven't touched the second or the third yet.

I do wish there were stronger female characters other than the main character (yeah okayyy sometimes I wish my yuri-goggles would do miracles. alas, there is not a hint of girl-girl relationships beyond that of simple friendship).

However, the book's World is a good growing ground (whoo, triples!) for AU-fics. Very Happy the world's described so clearly and it becomes oh so real. Could I place characters from other fandoms (e.g. shiznatttt... wait, maybe even yumi from marimite, and... and...!) into the whole Hunger Games scenario? hell yeah.
I have not read this book series, but I have heard a lot about it. I have a lot of different books I still need to read though so I don't know if/when I'll ever get around to it? What would you say are some cons of the book you read?
Blair Phoenix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shanejayell on Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:06 am

Isn't it sorta a western Battle Royale?
shanejayell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RGigantea on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:50 am

...western battle royale could be a suitable model for it, yeah.

cons? hmm. i didn't really find any, other than the ones i mentioned in my first post. at any rate, the pace keeps you going quick enough so that if there are any flaws, they're not very noticeable.
RGigantea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blair Phoenix on Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:53 pm

RGigantea wrote:...western battle royale could be a suitable model for it, yeah.

cons? hmm. i didn't really find any, other than the ones i mentioned in my first post. at any rate, the pace keeps you going quick enough so that if there are any flaws, they're not very noticeable.
Did a bit more research into it. Regardless of everything else, it's nice to see a strong female lead, something I think we could use a lot more of. Unfortunately, the plot really doesn't sound like my cup of tea : /
Blair Phoenix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaeri on Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:40 am

I watched the movie with Whim and Smurf in theaters. I have, and still have, no desire to read the books. Whim was reading it on her computer the other day, and I had a peak and now I really have no desire to read it. The writing style is kind of messed up.

I really couldn't get into the dynamics of the world. The movie was okay, I'll probably watch the rest in the series if they make them into movies too, but it's not something I would say is very good.

Blair and I have similar tastes, and the plot leaves me a lot to be desired. I just don't understand why the people sit there and take it. One strong female lead, and every other character is weak as. It makes no sense.

On the flip side, it was nice to see Josh Hutcherson all grown up and manly. I remember when he was a tiny thing in an assortment of movies. Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down