[Webcomic] The Abominable Charles Christopher

Go down

[Webcomic] The Abominable Charles Christopher

Post by Blair Phoenix on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:23 pm

I love this webcomic. With a cast filled with mostly talking animals, our main protagonist is a silent abominable snowman who, while definitely is not the sharpest tool in the shed, he has a giant heart to make up for it. The main story revolves around Charles being sent on a quest which will hopefully stop human encroachment of the forests, but there are many side plots involving the many animal characters in the forest as well.

The art in this comic is beautiful, and the story and characters are all wonderfully done. One strip will have you snickering, while the next will literally have you close to tears. Fair warning, I'll admit the story moves extraordinarily slow in the beginning and it will constantly be jumping from the main character's plot to do an apparently gag strip with 'throw-away animal characters'. The truth of the matter is though, the author constantly brings many of those characters back and expands upon them, and while many are mostly used continuously for humor, others have slightly darker or more thought provoking story lines.

Overall, I want to say this is probably one of the best webcomics I've had and will have the pleasure of reading, despite having almost entirely animal characters, and I HIGHLY recommend you all give it a try.

http://www.abominable.cc/2007/06/20/episode-1/

Last edited by Blair Phoenix on Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Blair Phoenix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Webcomic] The Abominable Charles Christopher

Post by shanejayell on Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:07 am

Well, the art is pretty damn impressive....
shanejayell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blair Phoenix on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:46 am

shanejayell wrote:Well, the art is pretty damn impressive....
That it is ^^ Definitely one of the things that drew me. Maybe I just have a greater patience than some, but despite the pacing in the beginning, I continued reading if just for the art, and to see if the plot would eventually go anywhere...Which it magnificently has done ^^ Just wish the guy would update more ><
Blair Phoenix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down