Dare You to Love Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diablo 3

2 posters

Go down

Diablo 3              Empty Diablo 3

Post by Notori Fri May 18, 2012 10:59 am

Use spoiler tags where necessary~

So who's played it? Thoughts?

I have to say that I really did enjoy the game, and unlike most people I liked the leveling and combat system. It was a great balance of RPGness as well as direct action. The graphics were great (as they should be nowadays) and I did find the cinematics cool.

However, where I think it fell short, way too short, was the plot. Yes it's a hack and slash type of game, but for a universe with so much lore, they did have more options for either side quests or just making the whole game longer. A game people have been waiting for roughly 10 years shouldn't be able to be completed in 14 hours. They spent too much time working on replay value like randomizing the world maps and such rather than expanding the world as a whole.

Spoiler:

Another big mistake on the part of Blizzard and D3 is the fact that you NEED internet to play a single player game. That, to me, just isn't right. Not only because of all the launch day havoc, breaking servers, customers ranting and raving, people having to wait to play a game they paid for and should have been able to get at midnight. But just for the fact that it does not need it. Yes, a lot of people these days do have internet, however it should have had a more optional system like D2. Where it was single player offline, and then, if you cared to do multiplayer, you could go online. It will inevitably cut off a lot of people from being able to play just because of internet issues.

Overall though, my feelings are this: It shouldn't have only lasted 14 hours :( But... it was a good 14 hours ^_^.
Notori
Notori

Back to top Go down

Diablo 3              Empty Re: Diablo 3

Post by Alaeri Sat May 19, 2012 11:18 am

I got D3 for free with the annual pass. I downloaded it and it went to play it, and I got an error. A few minutes later there was a message saying there was emergency maintenance. I thought no big, I'll just come back later. Keep in mind this was two and a half days after release.

I come back the next day wanting to try it, and I get all of two minutes into it before the server boots me with an error. It sent me back to the character creation screen, where it said something about people in my party having logged out or some shit. The fuck? I was playing solo. Then it boots me to the login screen. This persists for another day.

Yesterday I log in and actually get to play. The hell? The game's not that enjoyable. The voice acting isn't that good, and the action gets boring after the first hour or so. I couldn't bring myself to care about the story, and the need for urgency was lost with the game's design to make you explore.

However, the graphics were really nice for the style of game. The UI was slick, the controls were really responsive, and the animations were pretty bad ass. The music was amazing, as you would expect from a Blizzard title. The polish was definitely there. The game mechanics were solid, but sadly that's not enough to keep me playing a game.

I guess this game is just not for me. I gave it a try, and we didn't really like each other. Maybe it's because I never played the first two games? I found the story really lacking, honestly. I just couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll give it another try later, but I'm still not sure.

Also, that really sucks about needing an internet connection. I only found that out a couple of hours before I read this thread and I'm starting to think that's the cause of all my errors. Blizzard games and this internet really do not like each other, and it only happens with Blizzard games. I can play other games fine for hours. RAEG and stuff. D:

Kind of makes you wonder why it was in development for ten years when this is the final product.
Alaeri
Alaeri
High Priestess of Shizumaism

Back to top Go down

Post by Notori Sun May 20, 2012 10:45 am

I agree. As a game... well... it is what it is. The fact that the controls are good and graphics are good make it a sort of "guilty pleasure when I'm bored" game. But to spend ten years in production to make this? It's a disappointment.

Not that I could have, but if I did pay the $60 for the game instead of just getting it with my annual pass I would have been angry. As it is now I can just be like "meh, maybe I'll play it again later sometime."

For me at least, the story was the biggest downfall next to the whole "needing to be online" thing. I didn't care about any of the characters and none of them had an all too decent back story. It was like they wanted to give you little bits of surface information and then make you guess/interpret what happened for yourself. That's all well and good if you give us more material to work with, or something to make us care about looking for that information, but they didn't. So it ended up being "Okay? So this person died... So what? It's set in a world where Hell is exploding so yeah, randoms are gonna die."

And honestly, Leah annoyed me. =_= There's only so long I can listen to someone be all non-believer about the minions of evil breaking into the mortal realm when they are clearly right there in front of her.

Spoiler:
Notori
Notori

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaeri Sat May 26, 2012 5:58 am

Check this out. I hope it'll make you lol as much as I did: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxZUfg0cAGk

14:20 – 15:25
30:00 – 32:45
1:33:00 – 1:33:10

XD
Alaeri
Alaeri
High Priestess of Shizumaism

Back to top Go down

Post by Notori Sat May 26, 2012 10:07 am

LOL this is hilarious!!
Notori