Dare You to Love Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The touchy topic of...

5 posters

Go down

The touchy topic of... Empty The touchy topic of...

Post by Demon Tue May 29, 2012 7:34 am

Incest. =/

I... I couldn't. I couldn't watch it. Knowing they were sisters, I couldn't watch the series. I now they don't look like each other, and I could just as easily pretend they weren't sisters, but it still echoed in the back of my mind and I found myself uncomfortable.

I guess what I'm asking is: could you watch it, even if it was incest? Is yuri the deals with touchy topics like this easy/okay to watch for you?

Maybe I just need to chill out.
Demon
Demon
The Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

The touchy topic of... Empty Re: The touchy topic of...

Post by Rosie Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:06 pm

I loved it. It was twincest,which is so much better than incest.

lol, no.I sorta pretended that kana was adopted..and it was ok ;_____; if they weren't biological sisters..oh my god they'd be so much cooler.

I watched it when i was in 7th grade so i was more like'OH MY GAWD THEY'RE SO CUTE AND FEMME AND PRETTY.NOT LIKE AMANE FROM SP"

now, I look back on this and /wrists.
I think I am ok with this..only because they're so cute.
D: see, if Nagisa from SP had a sister she had a relationship with I would puke, but since it's kana and what'sherface it's ok.
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Tortuga Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:19 pm

I started to watch Candy Boy because some random person online recommended it when I was asking for new anime to watch one day. So without looking what it was about, I just looked for the first episode on this site I watched anime on (I don't remember the name of said site). I watched the first episode and found out that they were sisters and that this was going to turn into an incest (or in this case, a twincest) but the show interested me. I don't know, I just liked it. Plus I was desensitized to the whole twincest/incest thing because I had friends who were obsessed with pairing the twins from Ouran together. Needless to say I watched all the episodes that were available but I did not ship the two together in fact, I didn't ship anyone in that anime with any one else.
Chibi Tortuga
Chibi Tortuga

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaeri Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:37 am

I'm with you, Demon. The show squicked me. I started watching it, but stopped after the first episode. The fact they were siblings bothered me. I also found both characters to be quite dull, honestly.

I only started watching it because Nabatame Hitomi was in it XD
Alaeri
Alaeri
High Priestess of Shizumaism

Back to top Go down

Post by EsotericWhim Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:47 am

Just, no.

I know that technically there's probably nothing wrong with it. But I know that I have a natural squick in response to mentions of incest or twincest.

So no, not a big fan of Candy Boy at all.
EsotericWhim
EsotericWhim

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:17 am

Rosie wrote:I watched it when i was in 7th grade so i was more like'OH MY GAWD THEY'RE SO CUTE AND FEMME AND PRETTY.NOT LIKE AMANE FROM SP"

I'm the only person I know that actually liked Amane! D,:

Chibi Tortuga wrote:I started to watch Candy Boy because some random person online recommended it when I was asking for new anime to watch one day. So without looking what it was about, I just looked for the first episode on this site I watched anime on (I don't remember the name of said site). I watched the first episode and found out that they were sisters and that this was going to turn into an incest (or in this case, a twincest) but the show interested me. I don't know, I just liked it. Plus I was desensitized to the whole twincest/incest thing because I had friends who were obsessed with pairing the twins from Ouran together. Needless to say I watched all the episodes that were available but I did not ship the two together in fact, I didn't ship anyone in that anime with any one else.

I liked Ouran, but I still didn't like the twincest. I was able to watch those parts because I knew they didn't really have feelings for each other (in fact one of the twins had romantic feelings for Haruhi).

I couldn't even watch one full episode of Candy Boy. I started it, going in with the mind-set of forcing myself to believe they weren't sisters, but it just kept coming back into my mind.

@ Ala & Whim: Yeah, there are just some things I cannot watch, incest, even if fictional (anime/cartoon or live actors) being one of them.
Demon
Demon
The Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down