Dare You to Love Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Claymore *spoilers inside*

5 posters

Go down

Claymore *spoilers inside* Empty Claymore *spoilers inside*

Post by Alaeri Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:17 am

Claymore *spoilers inside* Claymorex

I recently just marathoned Claymore, and loved it. I had heard of it before and even looked up a few pieces about it, but it never caught my interest enough. In hindsight this was mostly due to me having the wrong impressions of what Claymore was actually about. Thanks to prodding from Whim, we started watching it. She ended up falling asleep in the beginning of the Teresa arc, and I ended up staying awake all night to finish watching it.

Surprisingly, the art style didn't bother me at all. I didn't need to get used to it, it felt natural to me from the beginning. Whim had warned me, but I told her not to worry since the animation style was not one of the reasons I put off watching it. The voice acting was superb, and everything just fell into place for me. I honestly thought the anime was going to go in a different direction until the end of the Teresa arc. That seriously surprised me and I did not see it coming at all. The OP lied to me sadface

I'm upset the anime ended differently than the manga, because it would have been nice to see it continued into more seasons. I loved Claymore so much I'm going to read the manga since it's still ongoing. I'm not sure if I should make a thread for the manga as well? Anyway, Claymore is the anime that got me back into reading fanfiction. Sadly, there aren't very many. D:

Enough of my rambling, time for some questions for those of you who watched Claymore as well!

What were your first impressions of Claymore? Were they the same as mine? The show became ruined for me for a few episodes after Teresa died. Did. Not. See. It. Coming. It completely changed the feel of the anime for me. I thought Clare and Teresa would fight/meet up at some point, and I knew Teresa was why Clare became a Claymore. I am so disappoint. ... We really need a RAEG face.

Who were your favorite Claymore(s)? Mine are Teresa, Miria and Galatea in that order.

Which Claymore(s) did you dislike? Ophelia. She's batshit insane and not in a good or above average way. She's just a psychopath, and I don't see how people like her. There's nothing extraordinary about her, and she just doesn't change the mold at all. Then there's Priscilla. She's a giant hypocrite and just ARGH! SO MUCH RAEG I HAS! She's not even an interesting character. She's entirely one dimensional and aflkjhtdjkfghd. Hate.

Which Claymore(s) do you like the style of the most? Teresa, Galatea, Miria, Clare and Flora in that order. I also liked Rigardo quite a bit too <3

What are your favorite pairing(s)s? Teresa x Clare and Miria x Galatea <3333. Seriously, Galatea is just sexy. I am also very firm in my ships for some reason >.>

If you could change anything, what would it be? I would not let Teresa die. The anime would have continued with Clare killing weak Yoma and meeting up with Teresa and fluff would ensue. God dammit. D: No

Overall, how did you enjoy Claymore? I loved it Smile to the point that I must has more Claymore and everything else is secondary. Anyone else ever get like this about certain anime? Claymore *spoilers inside* 2676598196
Alaeri
Alaeri
High Priestess of Shizumaism

Back to top Go down

Claymore *spoilers inside* Empty Re: Claymore *spoilers inside*

Post by Kagu Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:31 pm

Alaaaaaa, there's a manga too, y'knoooow?

And it's still going. owo

Whoops, missed that you already know there's one. >w>;;

But yes, Teresa is awesome, Miria is awesome, and Galatea is also awesome. Awesome trinity. \o/

E: Another Claymore thread I'm following on a different site has the tagline "A Farewell to Arms". :D
Kagu
Kagu
Itty Bitty Kagu Committee

https://dytlm.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EsotericWhim Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:54 am

Obviously I like this anime as I introduced the OP to it. ^_^;

I was actually intrigued by the world from the first few episodes, but it really hit its stride when the Teresa arc started. Teresa was such a fascinating character, and I love the way that the anime dealt with Clare and Teresa's relationship. After that, I was pretty much hooked. Which is surprising considering that moment.
sadface

Favourite characters are Teresa, Galatea, Miria and Flora. Clare also has her moments of awesome, but she gets less points because she's the protagonist.

Didn't really like Irene or Priscilla all that much, and thought they got a little lazy with Ophelia. I just thought that they all lacked a little dimension.

Pretty much all the Claymore that I listed earlier are the designs I like... does that say something not so nice about me? D:

I mainly ship Teresa x Clare oddly enough. I think it can be done well, but it also has the squick potential there. Miria x Galatea is also a rather enjoyable ship to set sail on.

I think a lot of people will say the same: Teresa didn't die, and Priscilla died. And more Riful, Easley and the other. Very Happy

Loved Claymore bucket loads.

And Kagu didn't answer the questions. D:

EsotericWhim
EsotericWhim

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaeri Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:31 am

Kagu didn't read my post before responding D: and you didn't answer my questions! D:

I'm only up to chapter 38 in the manga so I didn't think it was right for me to post about the manga since I'm not past where the anime diverged from it.
Alaeri
Alaeri

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagu Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:49 am

Whim wrote:
And Kagu didn't answer the questions. D:

Alaeri wrote:
Kagu didn't read my post before responding D: and you didn't answer my questions! D:

Claymore *spoilers inside* 286512729

I've been much more scatterbrained than usual lately. Sorry. x_x

I've never actually watched the anime due to being warned off, so all of my experiences have been with the manga. I also follow it very, very casually (and it doesn't help that the manga only updates once a month.)

The only characters that have really left enough of an impression on me to have their names remembered are...well, the main ones pretty much.

Favorites are/were: Isley, Riful, Teresa, Miria, Galatea aaaand a character that both Ala and Whim have yet to be introduced to, I think. Also in no particular order.

Least favorites: Raki, Irene, Ophelia, and two others that, again, would be spoilers.

Umm....I don't know that I actually ship any pairings from this series. Claymore *spoilers inside* 2676598196

What I would change: Clare, Raki. The former needs to be more interesting, the latter needs to be less Gary-Stu and preferably...not be in the series at all. Seriously.

I think it's decent, the designs of the Awakened Beings/Abyssal Ones are pretty neat, so I'll probably follow the manga through to the end.
Kagu
Kagu
Itty Bitty Kagu Committee

https://dytlm.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:25 am

I don't remember much of Claymore. I watched the anime series maybe a year or two ago, and that's about it. I would answer the questions but I don't think I remember enough to give any good answers.

Honestly, I remember really liking Teresa!... and then seeing her die. "=_= Why dose it seem like my favorite character always dies in these series?" I don't remember the terms, but I do recall wishing the one girl a horrible death when she killed Teresa and watching the series to see if that came into fruition. ^^;

My first encounter with Claymore was back when it was being serialized in various monthly manga (like "Jump"). I bought the first couple volumes, but I could never get into the art style. =/ And that boy, was it Raki? Yeah... Uber useless.

I don't be reading the manga, but I liked the TV series. =)
Demon
Demon
The Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Blair Phoenix Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:22 pm

I'll admit, I've never watched Claymore, though I definitely have heard about it. I'm interested in hearing what your original impressions of it were that stopped you from watching it originally Alaeri.
Blair Phoenix
Blair Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaeri Tue May 08, 2012 7:17 pm

Oh boy, that was a while ago. Let me think... I thought it would have been slightly harem-y, with Raki being that really annoying, weak and lame male lead. Raki is really annoying, weak and lame but his part is easily overlooked.

The animation style originally threw me off as well. Not sure why looking back on it as I quite enjoy it now.

That's really all I can remember of what I originally thought about it. There was a lot more but it eludes me at the moment.
Alaeri
Alaeri

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum