Dare You to Love Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Video Game] Mass Effect series

5 posters

Go down

[Video Game] Mass Effect series Empty [Video Game] Mass Effect series

Post by EsotericWhim Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:24 am

So much love for this epic Bioware game! For those who don't know, Mass Effect is a video game trilogy with heavy sci-fi elements. You can choose your gender and the type of skills your character has as well as backstory.

It won many awards when it was originally released on Xbox 360 in 2008, and is now on PC and PS3.

More a 'choose your own adventure' movie than a video game, Mass Effect lets you choose the direction of the story through a series of moral choices.

More interestingly, it also has the option to choose a romance arc between a number of people, including a female same-sex relationship in the first and second game (even if only on a technicality.) According to sources, the third, and final, game in the series expands the same-sex choices of the first and second to make it a game that caters to a wide range of people with a wide variety of preferences.

Sigh...

I think I did a very poor job of keeping my inner fangirl under control.

>_>

If you've played it, what did you like? Who did you romance? Who would you have liked to romance? And any speculation over the last game?
EsotericWhim
EsotericWhim

Back to top Go down

[Video Game] Mass Effect series Empty Re: [Video Game] Mass Effect series

Post by Alaeri Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:34 am

WHY DID THEY SCRAP MIRANDA BEING BISEXUAL IN THE SECOND GAME AT THE LAST MINUTE D:?

;______________________________;

I am so disappoint.
Alaeri
Alaeri
High Priestess of Shizumaism

Back to top Go down

Post by dragontiger96 Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:19 pm

Alaeri wrote:WHY DID THEY SCRAP MIRANDA BEING BISEXUAL IN THE SECOND GAME AT THE LAST MINUTE D:?

;______________________________;

I am so disappoint.

Miranda was supposed to be bi?

My first thought is that Miranda didn't seem like she would be bisexual, but when I thought more it made perfect sense. She doesn't actually seem the type to care about gender. I think her one hangup is that she want's to pass along her genetic material, which would make male Shepard more viable, but given that this is supposed to be in a future setting where genetic modification is possible, it would make sense that she could have a kid with another women. Shepard, being the amazing person he/she is, would probably top the list of possible DNA donors that Miranda would ideally want. In fact, it seems like Miranda is the type who'll ask Shepard for a DNA donation even if they weren't in a relationship.

All that ranting aside, I agree with you Alaeri. Miranda would've been much cooler as a bisexual.
dragontiger96
dragontiger96

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaeri Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:56 am

Yes, she was supposed to be bisexual. They recorded all the dialogue (it's even in the game's files) but they scrapped it at the last minute. I have no idea why but it was a seriously poor decision on their part. I hope they rectify it in the third game Very Happy
Alaeri
Alaeri
High Priestess of Shizumaism

Back to top Go down

Post by RevalisPyross Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:50 pm

Damn, Miranda was bisexual? It would have made sense for Jack to be bi as well, because she did mention something about having a sexual relationship with her friend and her boyfriend.

I romanced Liara, but it's only lately that's she's actually been growing on me. XD;;; I think I would've romanced Ashley in the first game and Kasumi, Jack or Miranda in the second if I were able to, although with these sort of games I like to have multiple saves anyway so I can choose other options.

Funnily enough though, my combat team usually consists of Garrus and the krogans.
RevalisPyross
RevalisPyross

Location : Oh! England~, my lion heart~!.... I hate that song.

Back to top Go down

Post by dragontiger96 Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:02 am

Mass Effect 3 Beta is out on Valentine's day. I'm looking forward to testing out the game play.
dragontiger96
dragontiger96

Back to top Go down

Post by RevalisPyross Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:42 pm

For anyone who is waiting for the extended ending of Mass Effect 3, it's now out! Now excuse me while I cry about not having enough space on my Xbox hard-drive to download it.
RevalisPyross
RevalisPyross

Location : Oh! England~, my lion heart~!.... I hate that song.

Back to top Go down

Post by RGigantea Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:15 am

I'm still on mass effect 2...... Lol.
RGigantea
RGigantea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down