Dare You to Love Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

3 posters

Go down

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou Empty Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

Post by shanejayell Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:40 pm

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou Alpha_kokone3

Set sometime in the future YKK chronacles the life of Alpha, a green haired android who runs a cafe nearby a small town. In between running her cafe she interacts with the locals, rides her scooter and enjoys the beauty of her surroundings.

The yuri in the series comes from her relationship with Kokone, a fellow android who visits her to deliver a camera. She comes out to Alpha's cafe quite often, and falls in love with her.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou Ykk2

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/yokohama_kaidashi_kikou/
shanejayell
shanejayell

Back to top Go down

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou Empty Re: Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

Post by Blair Phoenix Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:54 pm

Nooooooooo, you beat me to making this thread D:!

YKK is absolutely my favorite manga in the entire world. I actually had to change all my manga rates on MyAnimeList, because if this is a 10, then there is nothing even close to the same wavelength of this.

The Yuri aspect is nice, but for me, it's the sprinkles on the top of the cake. Not the icing, the sprinkles. It's nice, it's pretty, but I could do without and the cake would still be perfect as is.

It's a slow series, and I nearly dropped it quite a few times, but at a certain point, It just really hits you, what this manga is really all about, and I have to say, when it hit me, I couldn't look away until I reached the end. Incredible series.
Blair Phoenix
Blair Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by shanejayell Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:08 pm

It's a incredible series, in my mind. Just beautiful art & story, great characters and story. For a series with so little happening it just... yanks you in. *lol*
shanejayell
shanejayell

Back to top Go down

Post by Blair Phoenix Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:00 am

shanejayell wrote:It's a incredible series, in my mind. Just beautiful art & story, great characters and story. For a series with so little happening it just... yanks you in. *lol*
So much little happening, and yet so much at the same time...
Blair Phoenix
Blair Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by DezoPenguin Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:55 pm

Blair Phoenix wrote:
shanejayell wrote:It's a incredible series, in my mind. Just beautiful art & story, great characters and story. For a series with so little happening it just... yanks you in. *lol*

That sounds rather like ARIA...nothing happening and that nothingness being extraordinarily appealing.
DezoPenguin
DezoPenguin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blair Phoenix Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:27 pm

DezoPenguin wrote:
Blair Phoenix wrote:

That sounds rather like ARIA...nothing happening and that nothingness being extraordinarily appealing.
They've been compared to each other a lot, I know that, though I haven't actually read ARIA, so I have no first hand experience.
Blair Phoenix
Blair Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum