Dare You to Love Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Warcraft

4 posters

Go down

World of Warcraft Empty World of Warcraft

Post by Notori Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:17 pm

I know a lot of people have left this game for Skyrim and Star Wars but I figured I'd start a thread anyway.

So what characters do you have? What do you like to play? Thoughts on new content?

Personally I really like the new Hour of Twilight dungeons. It's into the fourth week of grinding for valor points but I'm not tired of them. They're fun, interesting, and not brutally hard like ZA/ZG was at the start.
Notori
Notori

Back to top Go down

World of Warcraft Empty Re: World of Warcraft

Post by Blair Phoenix Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:16 pm

Notori wrote:I know a lot of people have left this game for Skyrim and Star Wars but I figured I'd start a thread anyway.

So what characters do you have? What do you like to play? Thoughts on new content?

Personally I really like the new Hour of Twilight dungeons. It's into the fourth week of grinding for valor points but I'm not tired of them. They're fun, interesting, and not brutally hard like ZA/ZG was at the start.
Are you Horde or Alliance? Come on, you have to be up front with that info. And I left, but I'm waiting for Guild Wars 2. Will probably start a thread bout it closer to it releasing.

Don't think WoW is a bad game, I just think it's finally starting to show it's age, and I think Blizzard has gotten lazy
Blair Phoenix
Blair Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaeri Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:06 am

I left WoW long before I knew SWTOR would be releasing this year. WoW is stale. They're running out of ideas. The staff that made the game great is no longer working on it and you can tell.

MoP is the reason I'll never give WoW another shot. With these latest design choices Blizzard has made in the past few years (Real ID on the forums, anyone?), I'll never give them my money ever again. The worst thing they did was merge with Activision. The Blizzard I loved is no longer around.

Given all that, I'm sure WoW is still great to many people. It's just not to me anymore Smile
Alaeri
Alaeri
High Priestess of Shizumaism

Back to top Go down

Post by Notori Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:29 pm

I'm Horde Blair lol

And I think the main reason I'm still around is I only started playing last year so I'm used to the staleness of it. It's mindless and gives me something to do for effectively cheaper than buying new video games all the time lol. I used to stay on mostly for my friends there, once I got them on other thingslike Skype or whatever I started feeling like I didn't want to play anymore. Then the new patch came out and I got all interested in new shinies and stuff. Either way I'm not rushing off to play it constantly like I used to, which is good.

Although it is getting that "one thing after another" feeling now. I like the design and stuff of 4.3, however I'm not at all liking the stuff that comes with the new expansion. Pandas I'm 50-50 with, but I'm actively upset over the new talent system. The reason I made a druid as my main, aside from RP purposes, is because of the ability to play all three roles if needed, now I'm going to have to choose a definite off-spec between my two feral types. Not only that, but I like the trees as they are now, just add on a new 5 levels worth of stuff, don't change the whole system.

(lol I most way too long.)
Notori
Notori

Back to top Go down

Post by Blair Phoenix Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:36 pm

Notori wrote:I'm Horde Blair lol

And I think the main reason I'm still around is I only started playing last year so I'm used to the staleness of it. It's mindless and gives me something to do for effectively cheaper than buying new video games all the time lol. I used to stay on mostly for my friends there, once I got them on other thingslike Skype or whatever I started feeling like I didn't want to play anymore. Then the new patch came out and I got all interested in new shinies and stuff. Either way I'm not rushing off to play it constantly like I used to, which is good.

Although it is getting that "one thing after another" feeling now. I like the design and stuff of 4.3, however I'm not at all liking the stuff that comes with the new expansion. Pandas I'm 50-50 with, but I'm actively upset over the new talent system. The reason I made a druid as my main, aside from RP purposes, is because of the ability to play all three roles if needed, now I'm going to have to choose a definite off-spec between my two feral types. Not only that, but I like the trees as they are now, just add on a new 5 levels worth of stuff, don't change the whole system.

(lol I most way too long.)
I actually thing the talent change is one of the few good things about the next expansion...lol

They always change a bunch of shit each expansion, especially class design. As a Paladin that has played since BC, I have a good amount of experience in this. Long gone are the days where I just keep Consecration and holy shield up and just spam Seal/Judgment to tank.
Blair Phoenix
Blair Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Notori Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:54 pm

I've yet to make a paladin actually. I want to though, I'm crappy dps no matter what so I like tank/heals classes. I don't know... as it is, for me it's still fun, but I've lost the feeling that it'll always be fun.
Notori
Notori

Back to top Go down

Post by Blair Phoenix Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:38 pm

Notori wrote:I've yet to make a paladin actually. I want to though, I'm crappy dps no matter what so I like tank/heals classes. I don't know... as it is, for me it's still fun, but I've lost the feeling that it'll always be fun.
Paladin is probably one of the most boring level experiences ever. Easy. But incredibly boring.

I had fun while I was in WoW, but I feel a need for change now. The game has gotten stale and I think there is a huge disconnect between the community and the company on what the game needs/where it needs to go.
Blair Phoenix
Blair Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Thu May 17, 2012 9:18 am

Faction: Horde.
Realm: Ursin
Main Toon: Crimsontux
Race: Blood Elf
Spec/Class: Ret/Holy Pally
Prof: Jewel-crafting/Mining.

I, for one, and looking forward to MoP. I mean, they have fucking red pandas.

and, I mean, I GET TO BE A PANDA!!!! x3

I love the lore on WoW. That's part of why I play. I mean, I feel people get to caught up in raiding and stuff. I also have an ally on my friend server of Emerald Dream and my main was a Draenie until 79 when she faction./realm changed.

I've played since BC and I have no complains about any of the changes. I prefer it, by far, to Guild Wars (which I have played). Guild Wars bothers me and just... eh. It doesn't hold me the way WoW does. I don't play it all the time, but I enjoy my time when I do play WoW. Plus, it's a way for me to spend time with my friend in the Army and everywhere else.

x3
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Resident HaruKino Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaeri Thu May 17, 2012 4:15 pm

SWTOR made me want to play WoW again, so. lol.

I play on Aman'Thul, Alliance. I've recently come to terms with being an altoholic, which has surprisingly cured my penchant for deleting characters to make them a different class. I'm hoping to have my seven characters at max or close to it by the time MoP drops. I plan on faction changing my shaman (WHY CAN'T YOU BE WORGEN? D: ) to an Alliance panda and also creating a monk. I have all professions covered which is nice since Aman'Thul's economy is a piece of shit. Fifty gold for a stack of peacebloom. Yeah.

Whim also plays with me occasionally. Other than that, I doubt anyone plays on my server Razz
Alaeri
Alaeri
High Priestess of Shizumaism

Back to top Go down

Post by Notori Fri May 18, 2012 10:37 am

I've recently been taking a break from WoW. I only play on Mon/Wed/Fri now so I can do real life stuff more often... if I come online my GM yells at me~! DX lol

Anyway, I finally levelled my paladin. It was okay, but I'm never going to play her at max level so I still think she has greens on lol At least I have a JC now yay!

I'm not going to start any new ones until MoP comes out most likely. I have my baby rogue that I want to get to though at some point. But my panda is going to be a shaman and my monk is going to be an orc.
Notori
Notori

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down