Dare You to Love Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Morinaga Milk thread

4 posters

Go down

Morinaga Milk thread Empty Morinaga Milk thread

Post by shanejayell Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:18 pm

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-01-21/milk-morinaga-ends-kuchibiru-tameiki-sakurairo-plans-new-manga

However she's planning a new manga! Hopefully it's not as messed up as Mare.

Last edited by shanejayell on Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New Title)
shanejayell
shanejayell

Back to top Go down

Morinaga Milk thread Empty Re: Morinaga Milk thread

Post by shanejayell Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:45 pm

New manga up on Dynasty called Fall in Love.

http://dynasty-scans.com/reader/chapters/fall_in_love
shanejayell
shanejayell

Back to top Go down

Post by DezoPenguin Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:46 pm

Interesting...she has one character design for the Nana/Mari character whom she's re-using again, but the long-haired blonde half of those pairings (Hitomi, Akko, etc.) has some significant variations in face, hairstyle, build, etc.

Is this going to be a one-shot only or the beginning of a new series, do you know?
DezoPenguin
DezoPenguin

Back to top Go down

Post by dragontiger96 Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:36 pm

shanejayell wrote:http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-01-21/milk-morinaga-ends-kuchibiru-tameiki-sakurairo-plans-new-manga

However she's planning a new manga! Hopefully it's not as messed up as Mare.

I read the new chapter on dynasty. It seems alright, but it's too soon to tell.

Mare was a nice change of pace from the usual light fluffy yuri manga Morinaga writes. If anything, it shows that she can branch out. I wish she'd write another manga like Mare.

dragontiger96
dragontiger96

Back to top Go down

Post by Blair Phoenix Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:41 pm

Morinaga Milk tends to make very cute stuff, the problem I have is a lot of it always feels to be very generic to me at times.
Blair Phoenix
Blair Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by DezoPenguin Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:53 pm

A lot of her yuri pairs are very similar; short, short-haired, dark-haired girl with tall, long-haired, light-haired girl. There's some variation in the tall ones, but the short ones are pretty much all cookie-cutters. If she started drawing a GirlFriends chapter using Nana's character design instead of Mari's, and a Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry-Blossom Pink chapter with the reverse, I'd probably never realize something was different. She does tend to take things a bit farther (into couplehood, and to the point that they acknowledge that there's a future together beyond their school years) than most slice-of-life yuri, but it's not very dramatic or unusual.

(...as opposed to Mare. Razz )
DezoPenguin
DezoPenguin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blair Phoenix Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:13 am

DezoPenguin wrote:A lot of her yuri pairs are very similar; short, short-haired, dark-haired girl with tall, long-haired, light-haired girl. There's some variation in the tall ones, but the short ones are pretty much all cookie-cutters. If she started drawing a GirlFriends chapter using Nana's character design instead of Mari's, and a Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry-Blossom Pink chapter with the reverse, I'd probably never realize something was different. She does tend to take things a bit farther (into couplehood, and to the point that they acknowledge that there's a future together beyond their school years) than most slice-of-life yuri, but it's not very dramatic or unusual.

(...as opposed to Mare. Razz )
At least Mare showed that MM could break away from the normal character looks she goes with. I agree with you that her yuri pairs all tend to be very very similar, which I didn't really care for. I think MM's work is a great way to get started into yuri manga, but as of yet, can't see her work as much else really. Most of her work involves school girls, and beyond the feelings the main characters have for each other, I never really feel that her characters have all that much personality.
Blair Phoenix
Blair Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down