Dare You to Love Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mirai Nikki/Future Diary Episode Discussions

+2
Blair Phoenix
Demon
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mirai Nikki/Future Diary Episode Discussions Empty Mirai Nikki/Future Diary Episode Discussions

Post by Demon Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:31 pm

Episode 10: The latest episode was a bit boring, but we got to see a bit more of Minene and the assistant detective (sorry, I forgot his name). The dubbing in the beginning that Murmur did was hilarious! XD

... Seeing as how this is a yuri forum, I thought it only appropriate to say that I totally ship Hinata/Mao! 8D

Last edited by Demon on Tue May 29, 2012 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Demon
Demon
The Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Mirai Nikki/Future Diary Episode Discussions Empty Re: Mirai Nikki/Future Diary Episode Discussions

Post by Blair Phoenix Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:35 am

Demon wrote:*NO SPOILERS!! Only post up to the episode that's been shown*

Episode 10: The latest episode was a bit boring, but we got to see a bit more of Minene and the assistant detective (sorry, I forgot his name). The dubbing in the beginning that Murmur did was hilarious! XD

... Seeing as how this is a yuri forum, I thought it only appropriate to say that I totally ship Hinata/Mao! 8D
Hm, wow, just bothered to really look this series up in detail, and it looks rather interesting. May give it a go later, and get my own impression on it.
Blair Phoenix
Blair Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Mirai Nikki/Future Diary Episode Discussions Empty Re: Mirai Nikki/Future Diary Episode Discussions

Post by shanejayell Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:24 am

Liked the manga, need to see the anime. Very Happy
shanejayell
shanejayell

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:33 am

@Blair: Definitely try it. =D If you're into psycological horror/thriller then it's worth a shot. =)

shanejayell wrote:Liked the manga, need to see the anime. Very Happy

I read the manga and finished it about a years ago. XD It's a favorite of mine so I'm following the anime. They're doing an awesome job following the manga almost exactly. (If it's possible, they made Yuno even creepier. XD; )
Demon
Demon
The Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by DezoPenguin Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:14 pm

Demon wrote:

I read the manga and finished it about a years ago. XD It's a favorite of mine so I'm following the anime. They're doing an awesome job following the manga almost exactly. (If it's possible, they made Yuno even creepier. XD; )

I absolutely agree, as someone else who read the manga. In fact, I think Future Diary is one of the few shows where I would say that the anime adaptation has been better than the original manga. For one thing, the art is improved (Esuno...well, let's just say his(?) strength is not in the prettiness of the artwork) and the animation helps to add clarity to some scenes. In addition, they've been adding in some of the stuff from the side-story manga Mosaic which is helping to flesh out the story and explain some things more.

I will say that now and again there's been a hiccup. For example, the scene where 12th used the decoys to try and confuse Yukki's diary and Yuuno used the trick of the thrown rock to sort out which was real. The use of the different colors a la Super Sentai was funny, but it created a plot hole because Yuno should have known to just axe the red one regardless of how they moved around. But those hiccups have been minor. And seriously...is Yuno or is she not the best yandere heroine ever? Wink

(And as you note, yes, actual canon yuri in the background, albeit between very minor characters.)
DezoPenguin
DezoPenguin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagu Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:47 pm

She knows.

Mirai Nikki/Future Diary Episode Discussions Ypjro10
Kagu
Kagu
Itty Bitty Kagu Committee

https://dytlm.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:14 am

She's my favorite yandere ever!! <333 She's so smart, athletic and can come up with battle plans on a dime! (Using Dezo's "rock throwing against the deaf man" topic for example.)
Yay for canon yuri!! <33333 I have a couple Mao pictures and a Hinata/Mao picture I found earlier today.

"Yukki... <3"

Mirai Nikki/Future Diary Episode Discussions Yuno_breaks_fourth_wall
Demon
Demon
The Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by DezoPenguin Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:53 am

Just got finished watching Ep. 11 before I came here. Smile I'm actually impressed that Yuno's expertise with firearms wasn't up to her standard with bladed weapons...she's only 14, after all, and "psycho" only takes her so far. I do think the blank-eyes bit for when she slips into violent mode wasn't well-done...though I loved the fact that it was after Yukki talked her down in the interrogation room and her eyes went back to normal that she actually seemed the most crazy!
DezoPenguin
DezoPenguin

Back to top Go down

Post by Notori Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:25 am

Gahhhhhhh!! I love this series! -continues to torture herself by not reading the manga and waiting for new epiodes-

Really though, I think it's all around amazing, although episode 10 was a bit on the boring side. I think it was just one of those "needs to be done" episodes and now we can move on. Episode 11 was great though, ending on that cliffhanger and such.

Ihere was something weird about episode 11s animation though. I'm not quite sure what it was but it seemed "simpler" than the earlier episodes. I've always been amazed at the quality of the art in this series, especially with Yuno's expressions, but in this episode their basic designs/colouring just seemed less detailed.

Anyway, overall I think my favourite episode thus far has been 9 because of the scene where Yuno is threatening Hinata and her voice got noticably deeper/more serious/insane. I loved it.

And of course the "I'll protect you" scene from episode 1 is what won me over though.
Notori
Notori

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:06 pm

I was surprised when Hinata muttered, "Kannin na." (Forgive me.) in the anime. Ha! She's from the Kansai region! I'm not good with accents though, so I don't know from where. (Whenever a character says
"Kannin na," it always sticks out in my head from my Mai Hime days. XD)

And here's a couple pics for the thread. XD

Spoiler:

Sorry the last one has subs in it. >_<
Demon
Demon
The Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:31 pm

Wait, I think I just broke the anime...

If their phones completely lose battery... does that mean they automatically die?

Last edited by Demon on Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Demon
Demon
The Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by DezoPenguin Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:16 am

[quote="Demon"]
Spoiler:

I'm so tempted to make this my wallpaper, Demon! Very Happy
DezoPenguin
DezoPenguin

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:39 pm

Glad you like it, Dezo! XD

---

Episode 13 made my month. *____* Yuri-shipper's paradise!

Mirai Nikki/Future Diary Episode Discussions Hinata_mao_2
Demon
Demon
The Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Notori Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:48 pm

To be honest after thinking about it I find episode 13 more weird than anything. I can tell it's leading up to a lot... especially when watching it with someone who says "It's leading up to a lot" XDD

I'm rather scared of what Yuno is doing/going to do... She seems to have fallen even further off the deep end, which I didn't think was possible after the whole "Digging a hole for Yuki~ <3" incident.

Either way I still love the series overall, and I'm looking forward to the last third or so of the anime to see how it all turns out. I've been wondering from the beginning what would happen with Yuki and Yuno both having diaries and eventually having to have one winner and they seem to be touching on that more and more.

The Hinata/Mao is cute too, and quite funny XD

One point of criticism though: the animation. Really... so many derp faces, and weird choppy running. Honestly the animation was one of the things that drew me in at first, it was just soooo well done, and it hasn't been living up to that recently. I hope they fix it for the finale. I don't want to have to watch some epic battle or something with lopsided-mouth-Yuki and crosseyed-Yuno >_>.

EDIT: Keep in mind I have only watched the anime and haven't read the manga yet. So I actually don't know what's going to happen and want to keep myself in suspense.
Notori
Notori

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:39 am

Notori wrote:"Digging a hole for Yuki~ <3" incident.

Spoiler:
8D
Demon
Demon
The Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Notori Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:10 pm

XD It's so fitting too... because you know she really doesn't give any LOL

Oh, and I forgot to mention the most important part of ep 13!! As smart as Yuno is, we now know she can't tell the difference between juice and cola ROFL
Notori
Notori

Back to top Go down

Post by Notori Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:13 pm

So, episode 14.

Kousaka used to be brilliant, then he took an arrow to the knee.

^ And that's all I have to say BECAUSE I BLOCKED THE FIRST HALF OUT OF MY MIIIIIINNNDDD
Notori
Notori

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:20 pm

Notori wrote:Kousaka used to be brilliant, then he took an arrow to the knee.

You stole mah quote!! D<

---

But this episode seriously scared me. These chapters of the manga always have, but it's even creepier to watch it in animation! >_<

And none of it would have happened if Kosaka would have actually held the door open like he was supposed to. =_________________=
Demon
Demon
The Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by DezoPenguin Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:54 am

Amazing, really, how they're all so casual about Yuno. Kidnapping Yukki, kidnapping Hinata, trying to kill Akise, Mao, and Kousaka, shooting Kousaka in the leg, not to mention wandering around with the skulls of her murdered parents, and they just stroll off and leave her like it's nothing. Getting dumped is the extent of her punishment!

Yukki: *slap* Bad girlfriend! No kidnapping and attempted murder! Bad!

(And to think, if Yukki hadn't opened that door, most of this whole timeline wouldn't have happened...)

Seriously, though, my wife was taking a bath when I was watching this episode, and just as Akise challenged Yuno about the skulls...she let the water out of the tub, which caused the dishes in the kitchen sink to start rattling. I nearly jumped out of my socks! Surprised
DezoPenguin
DezoPenguin

Back to top Go down

Post by Notori Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:14 am

I liked episode 15 Very Happy Although I think I laughed more than I should have lol Okay that scene where they're on the balcony and Akise says to let Yuno in and you see her in the corner just running into the house waving a knife nearly had me in tears from laughing. Still, good epic fight scenes and... omg... fricken adorable Yuno. "Yukki prasied me <3! -awesome knife deflecting- Saaaaa~"

I had a really awkward first impression of Seventh but I'm quickly liking them.

Oh, and Kosaka got punched in the face by Mao. It's been a good day ^_^.

Only thing is plot wise I kiiiiiinda wanted Yukki to hate Yuno a little more. Of course they're my OTP for this series but I think he got over being held captive a little too easily. But oh well.

Also, I think one of the reasons I really like Yuno aside from being plain awesome is the sad quality she has. When she tells Yukki that all he has to do is tell her to go back and save Hinata and Mao and she'd do it so long as he would even pretend to love her. That's crazy in it's own way, but also really sad that makes me just want to give her a hug T_T.
Notori
Notori

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:51 am

I liked this episode a lot! ^^ We got to see Yuno epically deflecting all of those knives with a eurphoric look on her face, "Yukki praised me! =D" I really want a .gif of that scene!! <333

Ah, the seventh duo! <3 No spoilers, but I like these two for reasons to come.
---

Mirai Nikki/Future Diary Episode Discussions Kosaka_douche_hair_flip

^ When I saw that, I couldn't help but think of those older-style animes where sometimes the women look like men. So it's a guy in the style of a girl, that kinda looks like a guy. I cracked up when I freezed the frame there totally by chance! XDD

Mirai Nikki/Future Diary Episode Discussions Mao_punches_kosaka

^ This made me happy. I've been wanting to do that to Kosaka for the last three episodes and it's bonus points that it's Mao who punched him! <3

Mirai Nikki/Future Diary Episode Discussions Yukkis_happy_face

^ fjlkdjskfjl So adorable! *_*
Demon
Demon
The Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Notori Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:34 pm

sdjkfhsewekughk!!!!

You need to spoiler tag that last one so people don't die of SQUEEEEE when they see it! *o*

Also, I just remembered one of my favourite parts of this episode being when they were like "Wait... only one person would have known our plan... OH SHIT O_O"

Yuno: "OHAI YUKKI! Very Happy~~!!!"
Yukki: O_O OMFG!!!!!!
Notori
Notori

Back to top Go down

Post by DezoPenguin Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:08 am

Demon wrote:I liked this episode a lot! ^^ We got to see Yuno epically deflecting all of those knives with a eurphoric look on her face, "Yukki praised me! =D" I really want a .gif of that scene!! <333

Mirai Nikki/Future Diary Episode Discussions Mao_punches_kosaka

^ This made me happy. I've been wanting to do that to Kosaka for the last three episodes and it's bonus points that it's Mao who punched him! <3

I am so in love with that bit. And he was twitching on the ground for the rest of the scene, too! But my first thought when watching was, wow, fourteen-year-old girls are strong in this universe! Maybe Yuno's abilities are only slightly above average! Mirai Nikki/Future Diary Episode Discussions 2676598196
DezoPenguin
DezoPenguin

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:44 am

DezoPenguin wrote:But my first thought when watching was, wow, fourteen-year-old girls are strong in this universe! Maybe Yuno's abilities are only slightly above average! Mirai Nikki/Future Diary Episode Discussions 2676598196

Mirai Nikki/Future Diary Episode Discussions Tumblr_lyc90honJn1qc2yh4o1_400

Yeah, only slightly above average. XDDD

---

Some more Hinata/Mao fanart as an added bonus! =^^= I say it's totally canon, even if only one sided. (Doesn't stop me from shipping it, though! <3)

Spoiler:
Demon
Demon
The Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Notori Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:38 pm

Episode 16... was kinda boring to be honest :/ But it's okay, sometimes these episodes need to happen lol. Quite a few funny Yuno moments though which was good. Although really, Yukki is handling being held hostage surprisingly well >_> Being more annoyed than anything at Yuno's attempts to kill his dad XDD

As of right now, in terms of the whole "who would you choose?" thing they decided to cliffhanger us with, I'd still totally choose Yuno. She's always been right when it comes to Yukki's safety, and then he doesn't listen because she's just done something psychotic, and then he gets in trouble, and then she saves him. And even not knowing his dad has some shady business going on with the cellphones anyway, at the very least his dad wouldn't know what's going on/what they're up against. Yuno does, and wants to protect him so really... she's still the better choice in my opinion.
Notori
Notori

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next