Dare You to Love Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fate/Zero Season One

3 posters

Go down

Fate/Zero Season One Empty Fate/Zero Season One

Post by Notori Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:04 pm

**Spoilers for all of season one!**

I figured I'd get a topic started for this since there wasn't one already and I just watched it so I'm all fangirl-y at the moment.

For the series as a whole, I'm pretty happy about it. the animation is great, music is great, and the plot is pretty nice for a prequel. usually with prequels I'm like "Well.. I already know what happens alter so... -don't care-" But with this I love survival game/tournament plots and it's kept some Servants we knew while giving us some new ones with new powers.

I also like that it's more graphic what with the child murdering and whatnot. I can't believe they had Gilles de Rais be one of the Eirei, considering he wasn't really a hero at all, but given his master that's who he ended up compatable with. I really can't wait for them to beat him to death and get to the real fighting.

Iskander makes me happy lol His master is whiny, and I don't even remember his name half the time but he's decent comic relief in all this, while also being pretty wise. I liked his opinion on Kingship during that discussion they had, and that he's a good middle between Saber believing a king is only for the people, and Gilgamesh believing the things/people are all for the king. Plus it's nice to see the Rider class actually riding lol.

On top of that though, yuri subtext! Very Happy Saber is such an adorable knight for Iri~

(Side note: Am I the only one who really thought Lancer was Zack Fair for way too long? LOL)
Notori
Notori

Back to top Go down

Fate/Zero Season One Empty Re: Fate/Zero Season One

Post by DezoPenguin Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:56 am

Notori wrote:**Spoilers for all of season one!**

I also like that it's more graphic what with the child murdering and whatnot. I can't believe they had Gilles de Rais be one of the Eirei, considering he wasn't really a hero at all, but given his master that's who he ended up compatable with. I really can't wait for them to beat him to death and get to the real fighting.

It's the corruption from Angra Maniyu in the Grail that allows the summoning of villainous/monstrous legends as Servants (similar to how Medusa and Medea were summoned in the original Fate/stay night).

Iskander makes me happy lol His master is whiny, and I don't even remember his name half the time but he's decent comic relief in all this, while also being pretty wise. I liked his opinion on Kingship during that discussion they had, and that he's a good middle between Saber believing a king is only for the people, and Gilgamesh believing the things/people are all for the king. Plus it's nice to see the Rider class actually riding lol.

Oh, yes, that pair are hilarious. And truthfully, Rider is a perfect Servant for Waver because just like Waver, he has no interest in upholding the formulaic system of the Holy Grail Wars just like Waver wants to cut through the family-based caste system of the Mages' Association. Waver's just a little less manly about it than Rider. Wink

On top of that though, yuri subtext! Very Happy Saber is such an adorable knight for Iri~

...hm, I like the two of them together (it's interesting, really, how Iri is someone Saber feels she can work with and serve with all her might, but Kiritsugu she just puts up with to the point that she'd have let him get killed if Lancer wasn't a man of his word--or if Kayneth had been able to use a Command Spell to get Lancer to snuff Kiritsugu against his will right there and then), but I seriously have to no-sell any subtext given how ridiculously Happily Married Irisviel is.
DezoPenguin
DezoPenguin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagu Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:37 am

DezoPenguin wrote:
...hm, I like the two of them together (it's interesting, really, how Iri is someone Saber feels she can work with and serve with all her might, but Kiritsugu she just puts up with to the point that she'd have let him get killed if Lancer wasn't a man of his word--or if Kayneth had been able to use a Command Spell to get Lancer to snuff Kiritsugu against his will right there and then), but I seriously have to no-sell any subtext given how ridiculously Happily Married Irisviel is.

I offer this:

Fate/Zero Season One JUfRg

She can be swayed!

~*~

You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

Namely, Season 2.

Spoiler:

New episode airs later this morning.

All in all, it's looking pretty good so far.
Kagu
Kagu
Itty Bitty Kagu Committee

https://dytlm.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down